My family and I recently went on a much needed vacation. We visited amusement parks, saw a musical, and became one with nature. There were days where we relaxed and explored the local area. On some relaxed mornings and evenings, my son and I would either play with a toy, read, watch television, go to the pool or playground.
One of our traditions when traveling is to cook so we don’t have to eat out for every meal. This means we go to the grocery store and also purchase household items from a retail store like Wal-Mart. While in Wal-Mart, my son and I picked up one container of Play-Doh. The next morning I saw him playing with it. He looked at me and asked if I wanted to play as well. Of course my answer was, “Sure.”
We began our playtime with making various shapes and objects. Then my son said let’s play a game with the Play-Doh. We put on our thinking caps to make up a Play-Doh game. After conversing and adding on to each other’s ideas, we came up with the Play-Doh Challenges.
These challenges were fun and caused the morning to go by really fast. I will share the challenges with you below.
Let’s Get Started!
Enjoy Our Play-Doh Creations Below!
The first challenge is called Guess What I’m Making.
Guess What I’m Making
- Each person takes Play-Doh and makes something with it.
- You may either give each other a time limit to make something or simply wait until you all are done creating.
- Next guess what the other person made.
- You may give clues if the other person is struggling to guess the correct answer.
- If the person guesses correctly, they receive a point.
- Please note: You don’t have to play with points as it will make the game more competitive.
The next challenge is Name that Category.
Name that Category
- Each person takes Play-Doh.
- One person names a category.
- Creators will have to make something within that category with Play-Doh.
- The other creators will guess what you made.
- My son named the category “Toys.”
- As a result, we both made toys.
The next challenge is Create the Word
Create the Word
I want to give you some background on this game. My son has been learning to write in cursive. He really likes practicing the curves, twists, and turns in cursive writing. If you follow my posts, you will know that we like to do hands-on activities with what we learn. This is one of those activities.
- Each person take Play-Doh.
- Have each person name a word.
- The other player will have to create a word said by the another player.
- For example, my son said the word “yell” and I made it with Play-Doh.
- I said the word “cat” and he made it with Play-Doh.
- If your child is not writing yet, another option is to make letters or numbers with them
- This is a great activity for number and alphabet recognition.
I hope you have fun with this activity!
OUR KID FRIENDLY FAST & FUN STUDY TRICKS FOR BETTER GRADES: 9 FUN STRATEGIES FOR SUCCESS IN LEARNING AND SCHOOL HAS $29 OFF THE ORIGINAL PRICE.
Our books are available on Amazon, “Teach Your Toddler to Read Through Play,” “Fun Easy Ways to Teach Your Toddler to Write, and “Teach Your Child About Money Through Play.“
THE TEACH YOUR TODDLER TO READ THROUGH PLAY ONLINE COURSE HAS A $97 DISCOUNT.
Click here for the PAYMENT PLAN OPTION!
16 thoughts on “Play-Doh Games/Challenges for Kids”
What a fun activity! Thank you for this idea!
No problem! I am glad you like it!
I love this idea! My son is obsessed with Play-Doh. I have to make him all kinds of creations. Will try playing this game!
Oh good! I hope you son has fun with these games!
Amazing tips for play doh! My son really loves it, but our games are always same. You gave me new ideas!)
Thank you! I am glad you found this helpful!
I sometimes struggle to keep my kids occupied with Play-Doh for any length of time but these are great ideas!! I will definitely try a few of these games next time and maybe even create my own game. Thank you so much for the inspiration!
No problem I am glad you liked these games!
This is a brilliant, low cost activity that integrates so many learning styles and multiple intelligences. Even better, it is fun. My son recently received an assortment of Play Doh, so I can’t wait to try this out with him.
Oh wonderful! I am glad you found these helpful!
Such a great, fun activity. We’re sharing with our daughter and brother. Thank you.
Oh good! Thank you for sharing. I hope they enjoy the activities!
Loved the games! Thanks for the read! Will definitely try them out!
Thank you! I hope you enjoy the game!
So cute, and creative. Love these!
Thank you! I am glad you like this.