I am always looking for activities that incorporate reading and writing in a fun way. When I saw this activity, I knew there was potential for a variety of learning. The Secret Message activity will expose your child to science, reading, writing, spelling, and even math. At the bottom of this post, I explain how to use this activity to expose your child to different subject matters.
This activity is quick, simple, and uses materials you probably have in your home. Get ready to share a surprise with your little one.
Let’s Get Started!
- White Crayon
- Watercolor Paint
- Use a white crayon to write a secret message on a white sheet of paper.
- You may draw pictures, notes, letters, numbers, etc.
- Have your child use watercolor paints to brush over the paper.
- The watercolor paints will reveal the secret message.
- Your child should delight in discovering the mystery message.
Other ways to use this activity
- This is a fun way to have your child practice letters, shapes, and number formation.
- Write a vocabulary word on the paper and practice using the word during the day.
- Practice reading skills by writing a note to your child and have them read it.
- Surprise a love one or a friend with a fun greeting message.
- Discuss the science of this activity by explaining that colored water paint reveals the message because the white crayon is written on white paper.
Have fun with this activity!
Our books are available on Amazon, “Teach Your Toddler to Read Through Play” and “Fun and Easy Ways to Teach Your Toddler to Write.”