One day my son came home from daycare with DIY Slime. He could not wait to show it off after he greeted me with a kiss and hug. It was in a yellow container and sparkled with glitter.
We decided to take the slime out the container to play with it. It was sticky, slimly, ooey, gooey, and fun to play with. We smashed and constructed it in to various shapes.
About 30 minutes before dinner, we decided to make up an activity called the Slime Time Game. The game is simple and will encourage your child to think on their feet while being creative. This is a great indoor activity for rainy and cold days. Below I will explain how to play.
Let’s get started!
- DIY Slime
How to Play:
- Give your child the slime.
- Let them play with it for a while to get used to shaping and forming it.
- I encourage you to play with the slime as well.
- Tell your child they have a certain amount of time to make a letter, number, shape, or image.
- During the first round of the game, I told my son he had 45 seconds to make the letter A.
- Have your child give you the slime.
- Have them tell you to make something in a certain amount of time.
- My son asked me to make the number 89 in 40 seconds.
Watch this video of my son making the letter H in 30 seconds.
We had a lot of fun with this activity. It kept us busy for about 35 minutes! It is great for letter, shape, and number recognition.
Have fun with this!
Don’t forget both of our books are available on Amazon, Teach Your Toddler to Read Through Play” and “Fun and Easy Ways to Teach Your Toddler to Write.”