When I hear the word “GAME,” I get excited. I think games are the best way to learn because they incorporate the three basic learning styles: Auditory, Visual, and Kinesthetic learning.
I sat on the floor with him and he gave me directions for the game. After playing the game with him, I realized it would be perfect to help kids with number recognition. Since we had a great time playing the game, I would like to share it with you.
Let’s Get Started!
- Spread the numbers on the floor (1-20 if possible).
- First roll the dice
- Then count the number of small dots on the dice.
- The number of dots you count represents the amount of (play) numbers you hide around your home.
- If you roll a six then you have to hide any of the six numbers.
- The other person will find those six numbers and identify them.
- Make the game more difficult by using a timer.
- The person looking for the numbers will have to find the numbers within a certain amount of time, like 2 minutes.
- Next round have the other person roll and hide the numbers
- That’s all there is to it!
I hope you like this game!
Our books are available on Amazon, “Teach Your Toddler to Read Through Play” and “Fun and Easy Ways to Teach Your Toddler to Write.”