One day my son was playing with dice from a Monopoly game and play foam numbers. All of a sudden I hear him say, “Mommy, I made up a game!”
When I hear the word “GAME,” I get excited. I think games are the best way to learn because they incorporate the three basic learning styles: Auditory, Visual, and Kinesthetic learning.
I sat on the floor with him and he gave me directions for the game. After playing the game with him, I realized it would be perfect to help kids with number recognition. Since we had a great time playing the game, I would like to share it with you.
Let’s Get Started!
- Dice (1-4)
- Play Numbers (Foam or Magnetic Numbers) or write numbers on separate pieces of paper.
- Spread the numbers on the floor (1-20 if possible).
- First roll the dice
- Then count the number of small dots on the dice.
- The number of dots you count represents the amount of (play) numbers you hide around your home.
- If you roll a six then you have to hide any of the six numbers.
- The other person will find those six numbers and identify them.
- Make the game more difficult by using a timer.
- The person looking for the numbers will have to find the numbers within a certain amount of time, like 2 minutes.
- Next round have the other person roll and hide the numbers
- That’s all there is to it!
I hope you like this game!
OUR KID FRIENDLY FAST & FUN STUDY TRICKS FOR BETTER GRADES: 9 FUN STRATEGIES FOR SUCCESS IN LEARNING AND SCHOOL HAS $29 OFF THE ORIGINAL PRICE.
Our books are available on Amazon, “Teach Your Toddler to Read Through Play,” “Fun Easy Ways to Teach Your Toddler to Write, and “Teach Your Child About Money Through Play.“
THE TEACH YOUR TODDLER TO READ THROUGH PLAY ONLINE COURSE HAS A $97 DISCOUNT.
Click here for the PAYMENT PLAN OPTION!
10 thoughts on “Simple Number Recognition Game”
great idea and i know my kids love hide and seek , never thought to do it with an object instead of ourselves!
Thank you for your comment! I hope you all have fun with this game.
This is a great idea for a game. I will have to try this with my toddler since he loves hide and seek.
Oh good! I am glad you like the game!
Ohhh, this seems like a lot of fun! Gonna do it with my kids this weekend.
Wonderful! I hope your kids enjoy the game!
Kids are so innovative when left to their own devices great game
Thank you! Yes that is so true!
Adorable! Love the idea, pinning for later as my daughter gets a little older, thank you for sharing!
Thank you for your comment!