When I hear the word “GAME,” I get excited. I think games are the best way to learn because they incorporate the three basic learning styles: Auditory, Visual, and Kinesthetic learning.
I sat on the floor with him and he gave me directions for the game. After playing the game with him, I realized it would be perfect to help kids with number recognition. Since we had a great time playing the game, I would like to share it with you.
Let’s Get Started!
- Spread the numbers on the floor (1-20 if possible).
- First roll the dice
- Then count the number of small dots on the dice.
- The number of dots you count represents the amount of (play) numbers you hide around your home.
- If you roll a six then you have to hide any of the six numbers.
- The other person will find those six numbers and identify them.
- Make the game more difficult by using a timer.
- The person looking for the numbers will have to find the numbers within a certain amount of time, like 2 minutes.
- Next round have the other person roll and hide the numbers
- That’s all there is to it!
I hope you like this game!
Our books are available on Amazon, “Teach Your Toddler to Read Through Play,” “Fun Easy Ways to Teach Your Toddler to Write, and “Teach Your Child About Money Through Play.“