Last week I told you about the Addition Bowling Game for Kids that my son, Cory, created. This game involved using Cory’s bowling play set to practice addition. You may also use paper cups if you don’t have a bowling play set. This activity allowed my son to review adding one and two digit numbers.
Cory created a second spin-off game that allowed him to practice adding three-digit numbers as well. I was impressed in the effort and thought he put into this game. I will show you how to play below…
Let’s Get Started!
If you want to see a different version of this game, watch the video below. This comes from my son’s YouTube channel, Corban’s Fun Learning Adventures. Please like and subscribe for fun learning activities.
- Bowling game set (you may also use paper cups as an alternative)
How to play:
- On a piece of paper determine the point value for each pin.
- For example, the first red bowling pin in the set was worth 100 points and the second red bowling pin was 200 points.
- Below is a list with the point value of each pin in our game.
- Please note: if you don’t have bowling pins use paper cups. You should attach the point value to each cup.
- On a piece of paper, draw separate columns and put each player’s initial at the top to keep score
- Set up the ten pins or cups in a scattered fashioned.
- Have the first player roll the first ball towards the pins
- Have the first player roll the second ball towards the pins (the bowling game comes with two balls)
- Take note of the number of pins knocked down and their point value.
- For example, if a player knocks down one blue and one yellow pin, their score would be 1000 points. (One blue pin = 300 ; One yellow pin = 700)
- Add 300 + 700 for a total of 1000 points.
- Record the score in that player’s column on paper.
- The next player will roll and repeat the previous seven steps.
- My son added both our bowling scores for all the rounds.
- It was a great way to practice three-digit addition.
- Below is a video of my son calculating our score.
Have Fun with this Activity!
OUR KID FRIENDLY FAST & FUN STUDY TRICKS FOR BETTER GRADES: 9 FUN STRATEGIES FOR SUCCESS IN LEARNING AND SCHOOL HAS $29 OFF THE ORIGINAL PRICE.
Our books are available on Amazon, “Teach Your Toddler to Read Through Play,” “Fun Easy Ways to Teach Your Toddler to Write, and “Teach Your Child About Money Through Play.“
THE TEACH YOUR TODDLER TO READ THROUGH PLAY ONLINE COURSE HAS A $97 DISCOUNT.
Click here for the PAYMENT PLAN OPTION!
2 thoughts on “Addition Bowling Game Part 2”
What a great spin off to last week’s game to add some variety using all the same pieces (game, pencil, paper)! Love the creativity.
Hello Dani, my bestie!! Thank you so much for your compliment. We had a lot of fun with this game.