My son loves balloons! He likes to inflate, toss, and hit them. So, when I saw this experiment, I knew we had to do it! This is a perfect activity for July 4th festivities!
You probably have all the materials in your home. Once your child does this activity, they will want to do it repeatedly. Have fun with this simple yet exciting activity!
You may watch us do this activity in real time in the video below. This video comes from my son’s YouTube channel, Corban’s Fun Learning Adventures. Please like and subscribe for fun learning activities.
- Wide Straw
- Two Chairs or Two Trees
- Cut string about several feet long
- The string will be the track for your balloon launch.
- Cut the straw about 4″ long
- Thread the string through the straw
- Tie the two ends of the string to two chairs or two trees
- We tied the strings to two chairs
- Blow up the balloon
- Pinch the opening of the balloon to keep the air inside
- Tape the straw to the balloon.
- You made need two people to help with this step.
- Go to one end of the string and let go of the balloon opening
- Watch the balloon zip across the string.
- Watch the video below of our Balloon Rocket!