My son loves balloons! He likes to inflate, toss, and hit them. So, when I saw this experiment, I knew we had to do it! This is a perfect activity for July 4th festivities!
You probably have all the materials in your home. Once your child does this activity, they will want to do it repeatedly. Have fun with this simple yet exciting activity!
You may watch us do this activity in real time in the video below. This video comes from my son’s YouTube channel, Corban’s Fun Learning Adventures. Please like and subscribe for fun learning activities.
- Wide Straw
- Two Chairs or Two Trees
- Cut string about several feet long
- The string will be the track for your balloon launch.
- Cut the straw about 4″ long
- Thread the string through the straw
- Tie the two ends of the string to two chairs or two trees
- We tied the strings to two chairs
- Blow up the balloon
- Pinch the opening of the balloon to keep the air inside
- Tape the straw to the balloon.
- You made need two people to help with this step.
- Go to one end of the string and let go of the balloon opening
- Watch the balloon zip across the string.
- Watch the video below of our Balloon Rocket!
Don’t forget to check our two books, Teach your Toddler to Read Through Play and Fun and Easy Ways to Teach your Toddler to Write.
Please follow and like us:
7 thoughts on “Balloon Rocket Fun Activity”
This sounds like a fun activity for all ages! Will definitely try this out on a rainy day!
Oh good! I hope your kids like this activity. I showed my son the video again this morning. He said “We have to do this again mom!”
I can see these being everywhere in my house! That would drive me crazy but my kids would love it! awesome idea
Perfect indoor activity! This could be played for hours in our house!
This sounds like a fun activity. We will have to try it out. Thanks for sharing!
this is really cool i’d like to try it with my son
Oh good! I hope your son likes this activity!