- Plan a field trip to a restaurant where students can hold their meeting.
- This activity can also be done in a classroom.
- If easier, you can divide students into small groups.
- Give your students a task to accomplish in their meeting.
- It could be planning a class field trip or picnic
- Solving a class or school problem
- Give students the following tips to conduct an effective meeting.
- Have an agenda set before the meeting.
- Send agenda to attendees at least 30 minutes before meeting.
- Have action items already outlined in agenda.
- Give those who want to speak a time limit. (optional)
- Set a time for the meeting (don’t go over meeting time).
- Observe and debrief how students conducted themselves in the meeting.
- Did students accomplish their meeting goals?
- Did everyone who spoke add value to the meeting?
- Did students find the meeting helpful?
- Did students find being in a restaurant distracting?
- What did students learn during this activity?
Please follow and like us:
2 thoughts on “Field Trip Teaching Kids to Have Effective Meetings”
Very nice style and fantastic subject matter, very little else we need : D.
http://www.electricpercolatorcoffeepot.com/coffee-grinders/ black and decker coffee grinder
Thank you, Wally, for the nice compliment!!!